Health news

Project news

Conferences and seminars

Site news

About library
Search the database
Project registration
Contact us
Useful links
Information bulletin
  E-mail  Русская версия
Do you like updated ZdravInform?
I`ve never seen it...
Global forum addresses solutions to prevent premature deaths / 24.2.2010
24 FEBRUARY 2010 | GENEVA -- The first Global Forum of the Noncommunicable Disease Network (NCDnet) marks the first time WHO has convened key stakeholder groups to address the large-scale and increasing global health and development burden posed by noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). More than 100 peop... Далее
WHO spearheads health response to earthquake in Haiti / 13.1.2010
13 JANUARY 2010 | GENEVA -- The severe earthquake that struck Haiti and the Dominican Republic has inflicted large-scale damage, including on hospitals and health facilities, and large numbers of casualties are feared. Immediate health priorities include: search and rescue of survivors trapped u... Далее
New HIV infections reduced by 17% / 24.11.2009
24 NOVEMBER 2009 | GENEVA | SHANGHAI -- According to new data in the 2009 AIDS epidemic update, new HIV infections have been reduced by 17% over the past eight years. Since 2001, when the United Nations Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS was signed, the number of new infections in sub-Saharan Afr... Далее

Health news

22/09/2005 Mihail Zurabov: Government plans to take expenses of in vitro fertilization upon itself.

Zurabov suggested to pay off “in vitro fertilization” from the federal budget. The Minister reminded the Federal Meeting that the President insisted on higher attention and creating special conditions to increase birth rate. Today millions of married couples are not able to have children. The cost of in vitro fertilization fluctuate from 60 to 100 thousand rubles (that is from 2 to 3,5 thousand dollars).

The whole story is available in Russian.

21/09/2005 First results of osteoporosis control in Russia.

In May, pharmaceutical company Novartis started a special program called North Star to help osteoporosis patients. There were 250 doctors who took part in the program. They treated more than 7 thousand patients.

Today osteoporosis is one of the most important problems in Russian health service. According to statistics, every second woman and every man after their 55 have fractures due to osteoporosis.

The whole story is available in Russian.

19/09/2005 Patient is seems to be alive.

Andrey Seltsovskii does not wait for fast changes in medicine, but he is sure they are on their way.

The article on health reforms in Russia contains the interview with A. Seltsovskii, the head of the Health department in Moscow.

Seltsovskii recommends the privileged people to choose social package not money, because the list of privileged medicines and services can be reviewed. Furthermore, he is not pleased with the increase of the salaries only for GP doctors. He doubts that this measure will help to improve quality of health service in the Russian regions as soon as surgeons, for example, will not get an increase.
Today a deficit of GP doctors is 38% even in Moscow, because doctors try to earn more and work more for 1.5 salaries.

The whole story is available in Russian.

16/09/2005 Ministry of Health and social development forecasts: number of privileged people refused social package will run up to 30%

By now, 23% or 14 230 of the privileged people refused from the social package. 90% of them relinquished the whole package, the other 10% - only privileges for free transport services and medical assistance.
The situation is due to some mess in free medicine supply. People trust money in their hands, not the services provided by the government.

The experts do not consider such great numbers of relinquished people will be vital for the reform and developing of the program.

The whole story is available in Russian.

16/09/2005 Palliative assistance and Russian health service.

Palliative assistance is a complex of measures which tend to increase quality of life as well as physical and emotional relief of critical care patients in the last stages of incurable deceases. Every year 200 thousand people die due to the incurable deceases in Russia.

On September, 19-21, there is going to be the international training on “Palliative assistance on AIDS and HIV” in Moscow. Further information and contacts are available by telephone number (095) 980-63-10, 980-63-11, or by e-mail:, ask for Olga Nebyivaeva.

The whole story is available in Russian.

 Copyright  2002—2023, Federal Public Health Institute
 The project is funded by WHO/CIDA Health Care Policy and Stewardship Programme in Russia
 Developed in co-operation with the EU funded Tacis "North West Health Replication Project"